- Be a leader with strong communication skills; have a passionate, positive attitude; be innovative; and be a good collaborator and listener
- Be a teammate who believes in T.I.R.E.S.: Teamwork, Integrity, Responsibility, Enthusiasm, and Service
- Utilize warehouse management system to manage stock levels and receipt of inbounds/outbounds
- Manage and improve staff training and cross training
- Communicate job expectations, policies, and procedures
- Evaluate employee performance; coach, counsel, and apply disciplinary action when needed
- Manage staff resources according to changing business needs
- Promote constant motivation among staff to strive for an efficient and effective warehouse operation
- Promote and uphold an environment of respect
- Ensure compliance with and improve health, safety, and security procedures
- Analyze transportation logistics and maintain cost efficiency
- Utilize continuous improvement techniques to improve quality of service and increase efficiency of team and equipment
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five years of experience managing the work of others in a warehouse/distribution center environment required
- SAP or other Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience required
- Tire industry experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
To be successful in the position, the Distribution Manager must be a leader and teammate first and foremost! He/she must ensure that the distribution center is properly staffed, team members are on task, and goals are being met. Candidates must be comfortable working in a tire warehouse environment with forklift and pedestrian traffic, varying temperatures, contact with tires, and use of warehouse equipment. Candidates must be able to make decisions quickly and confidently based on company policies and procedures. The Distribution Manager must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have strong analytical and organizational skills. The flexibility to work well in a warehouse environment as a mentor and leader is paramount.
We know that sharp, self-motivated, high quality people make our business successful. If you are a team player, have a good attitude, and good work ethic, come join our family. Maxxis offers a competitive salary, attractive benefits and career growth opportunities.
For consideration, please email resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.