- Cheng Shin Rubber Ind. Co., Ltd., d.b.a. Maxxis International, honored by Ford Motor Company with a Sustainability Supplier of the Year World Excellence Award
- Ford’s World Excellence Awards recognize companies that exceed expectations and achieve the highest levels of excellence in quality, cost, performance and delivery
- Awards span categories including sustainability, winning portfolio, propulsion choices, autonomous technology, fitness, special recognition, diverse supplier of the year, supplier diversity development corporation of the year, gold and silver
DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 30, 2020 – Cheng Shin Rubber Ind. Co., Ltd., d.b.a. Maxxis International, was recognized as a top-performing global supplier at the 22nd annual Ford World Excellence Awards. Cheng Shin Rubber Ind. Co., Ltd. was announced as a Sustainability Supplier of the Year winner during Ford Motor Company’s virtual event on Oct. 30, 2020.
“Maxxis International is deeply honored that Ford has chosen to recognize our efforts at sustainability. We appreciate Ford’s support in working with us to make significant improvements in 2019. Minimizing our impact on the environment is a top priority at Maxxis, and we work hard to ensure that all Maxxis tires are produced sustainably,” said Andy Lee, vice president of operations for Maxxis in North America.
“Ford’s annual World Excellence Awards recognize our top-performing suppliers for their contributions to our success,” said Hau Thai-Tang, chief product platform and operations officer. “Congratulations to Maxxis International for being a recipient of this coveted award. Thank you for all that you do in support of Ford Motor Company.”
Honorees were recognized for achieving the highest levels of global excellence in categories including:
- Primary brand pillar awards in winning portfolio, propulsion choices, autonomous technology and connected services categories
- Fitness awards for suppliers that most exemplify the framework’s principles, with an emphasis on quality, value and innovation
- Special recognition for suppliers that deliver results exceeding expectations
- Diverse supplier of the year and supplier diversity development corporation of the year for suppliers that excel in integrating diversity into their organization and business process
- Sustainability supplier of the year for a supplier that improves the business environment
- Gold and silver for supplier manufacturing sites demonstrating superior quality, delivery and cost performance throughout the year
# # #
About Maxxis International
For over 50 years, Maxxis International has delivered high-quality tires to both original equipment and aftermarket customers. Maxxis offers products for automotive, light truck, motorcycle, ATV, bicycle, lawn & garden and industrial use. The company has operations in Asia, Europe and North America, and its products are distributed in approximately 180 countries. Maxxis International employs more than 30,000 people around the world. For more information, please visit maxxis.com.