- Supervise shipping operations; including staffing, training new hires, and assigning and managing the work of others
- Ensure safety procedures are being followed
- Develop shift goals and ensure goals are met each shift
- Inspect outbound containers and prepare documentation needed for warehouse operations
- Maintain inventory and order accuracy
- Inspect containers for accuracy and conformance to production standards
- Two years of experience managing the work of others in a warehouse/distribution center environment required
- SAP or other Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience required
- Experience operating a forklift and the ability to be forklift certified required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Tire industry experience preferred
To be successful in the position, Shipping/Receiving Supervisors must be able to ensure that the facility is properly staffed, team members are on task, and goals are being met. Candidates must be comfortable working in a tire warehouse environment with forklift and pedestrian traffic, varying temperatures, contact with tires, and use of warehouse equipment. Candidates must be able to lift 50 plus pounds, and be able to make decisions quickly and confidently based on company policies and procedures. Shipping/Receiving Supervisors must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, have strong analytical and organizational skills, and be proficient in Microsoft Office. The flexibility to work well in a warehouse environment as an individual and as a team is paramount.
We know that sharp, self-motivated, high quality people make our business successful. If you agree with our values of TIRES – Teamwork, Integrity, Responsibility, Enthusiasm and Service, come join our team! Maxxis offers a competitive salary, attractive benefits and career growth opportunities.